Based in Seattle, WA
January 11, 2014
Press / Business contact:
SUPERLIMINAL is a game inspired by forced perspective. By using the ambiguity of depth, this first-person puzzle game allows players to explore a surreal world by manipulating objects in physical space according to their perspective. Perception is reality.
Pillow Castle is a company located in Seattle, Washington. The team is a small independent studio interested in creating novel, surreal experiences.Behind SUPERLIMINAL
SUPERLIMINAL is currently in development with a launch date to be announced soon. It debuted at Sense of Wonder Night at Tokyo Game Show in September, 2013. Some of our inspiration includes Paprika, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Inception. The game was previously known as 'Museum of Simulation Technology'.
Polygon's Playthrough of a Short Demo YouTube
There are far more images available for SUPERLIMINAL, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Audience Award" - Sense of Wonder Night, September 22, 2013
- "Best Technology Award" - Sense of Wonder Night, September 22, 2013
- "IGF Student Finalist" - March 2, 2014
- "Experimental Gameplay Workshop Showcase" - March 2, 2014
- "The MIX Showcase at SIGGRAPH" - August 14, 2014
- "IndieCade Digital Selection" - October 9, 2014
- "IndieCade Official Nominee" - October 22, 2015
- "Last year's best tech demo is now a game: Museum of Simulation Technology"
- Nick Robinson, Polygon
- "A forced perspective puzzler about using visual tricks to navigate a labyrinthine dreamworld, it’s one of those charmingly clever games that’s just delightful to watch. "
- Chloi Rad, Killscreen
- "This Optical Illusion Game Would Make M.C. Escher Drool"
- John Brownlee, Fast Company Design
- "Puzzle Game From Pillow Castle Thinks Bigger Than Portals"
- Emanuel Maiberg, Gamespot
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Designer, Executive Producer